Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences is a multidisciplinary institution of higher education and an efficient actor in education and research, development and innovation (RDI) in the region of South Ostrobothnia in West Finland.
The number of full-time students is 5000 and academic and other staff members 380. Seinäjoki UAS has 19 Bachelor and 7 Master degree programmes. Three-degree programmes are totally taught in English (International Business, Nursing and a Master's Degree in International Business Management). Also, double degree programmes are available in the fields of technology and business.
Seinäjoki UAS provides education aiming at high-level professional qualification in the following fields:
- Social sciences, Business and Administration
- Technology, Communication and Transport
- Natural Resources and the Environment
- Social services, Health and Sports
- Tourism, Catering and Domestic Services
In education and in R&D activities Seinäjoki UAS has concentrated on the following focus areas:
- Sustainable Food Solutions
- Smart and Energy Efficient Systems
- Welfare and Creative Individuals and Communities
- Entrepreneurship, New Business Concepts and Service Innovations
These areas of expertise are being developed based on regional and international needs and our special strengths.
Internationalization is a strategic aim of Seinäjoki UAS
We have about 200 partner universities in 50 different countries all over the world. An active student and academic mobility, RDI projects and international conferences are a vital part of our international activities.