The Azerbaijan State University of Economics, which was founded in 1930, is one of the largest higher education institutions in the Southern Caucasus. There are 9 faculties operating at UNEC with more than 18.000 students studying on 21 specialties. More than one thousand teachers, as well as 120 professors and 600 assistant professors among whom figure actual members of the National Academy of Sciences, New-York Academy of Sciences, laureates of State Awards, honored teachers and scientists work at the University. More than 850 students from 12 countries of the world study bachelor and master degrees at UNEC.
- The University is the fundamental educational center teaching the science of economics in the region;
- Teaching process and training of personnel is in conformity with the American and European educational system;
- Specialties on Bachelor, Master and Doctorate levels are taught in Azerbaijani, English, Russian and in Turkish languages; The central point of auditorium is student;
- Student can graduate the university with 2 or more specialties (dual major);
- Students have opportunities to participate in different exchange programs;
- There are total 36 chairs on 9 departments and 32 specialty chairs;
- and staff of the University consists of 461 professors and Doctors of Philosophy.