BSc in Agribusiness University of Manitoba
Agribusiness is the business and economics of food. It focuses on all of the factors that influence how food travels around the globe, including finance, government policy, international trade, risk management, the environment, food safety, and regional development.
The Bachelor of Science (Agribusiness) degree gives students a thorough understanding of Canada's food supply chain, from producer to consumer. Students learn how to market and distribute food products to customers within the community and around the world.
- Agribusiness – Learn how to manage an agricultural or food-processing business
- Agricultural Economics – Get an education in the economics of producing, processing, distributing, marketing and using agricultural products
- International Agribusiness – Explore agricultural business principles in an international context by completing a minor in Central and Eastern European Studies, Latin American Studies, or Asian Studies
- Animal Systems
- Food Science
- Plant Biotechnology
- Soil Science
- Programs in other faculties
- Interesting courses and unique opportunities
- Economics of World Food Issues and Policies
- Introduction to Environmental Economics
- Agricultural and Food Policy
The Cooperative Education option integrates the student's academic study with practical work experience in industry, government and the farming profession. To obtain the co-op designation, students must complete three 4-month work terms. Two of these can be during the summer. This program option will extend your degree time by one semester (slightly longer if a student takes more work terms in winter).
Exchange and travel opportunities
Exchange opportunities exist for agriculture students to study abroad in countries such as Sweden, Mexico, France, the U.S., China, and India.
- Sales and Marketing Representative
- Financial Account Manager
- International Business, Trade and Development Analyst
- Risk Management Specialist
Visit the Direct Entry (high school applicants) or Advanced Entry (post-secondary applicants) Agricultural and Food Sciences application for admission page to learn more about admission requirements, application dates and how to apply.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.