Degree in Spanish Language and Literature Universidad de Leon
We train specialists who can develop teaching and research work in the Hispanic field and in international contexts, also trained to integrate into an expanding labor market such as the so-called language industries, focused on Spanish as an economic asset.
What we offer you
- Internship agreements designed to complement the knowledge acquired in the academic training period (in the University itself or in public institutions).
- Teaching staff with extensive teaching and research experience.
- Infrastructures and technological resources for the development of ICT in the training offer: phonetics laboratory, language laboratory, computer rooms, etc.
- Response to a growing demand for Spanish language and literature teachers in the five continents.
- Solid training aimed at increasing cultural background and valuing diversity and multiculturalism.
- National and international mobility programs (Germany, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, United States, France, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Mexico, Peru, Poland, Portugal, United Kingdom, Czech Republic, Romania, Russia, Switzerland, Taiwan and Vietnam).
The Office of the Vice-Rector of Students, during the first days of the course, takes place a Welcome Seminar addressed to new students of the first year, which consists mainly of
Presentation of the Center and facilities by the Decanal / Management team:
- School calendar and exams
- Exchange Programs (Exchange Coordinator)
- General Guidelines of the Degree
- Action Plan Tutorial
- Presentation of the professors' picture of the first year of the Degree.
Guided visit to the Center's facilities.
In addition, printed material with all the information related to the Center and the University Services is available to the students at the venues.
Action Plan Tutorial
Since 2002, the University of León has been developing the Tutorial Action Plan (PAT), which has as GENERAL OBJECTIVE: to be a permanent system of academic guidance in which each student will be assigned a tutor during the first courses of their studies.
Quality guarantee system
The University of León following the guidelines of the ENQUA (European Association for Quality Assurance) that establishes what are the European Criteria and Guidelines for internal quality assurance in Higher Education institutions, has developed, for years, the policy and internal procedures for the quality assurance of the institution, with a commitment to the culture of quality through strategies of continuous improvement and the development of procedures at the service of the institution that allow to involve all the agents of the same.
In this sense, the Office of Evaluation and Quality (OEC) of the University of León has developed a Support Tool for the Follow-up of Titles with the main objective of providing the Quality Commissions of the Centers / Departments / Institutes of the ULE of an internal information management tool that facilitates the coordination and proper development of the MONITORING of the Official Titles of the University of León.
In the tool, the necessary information is available to perform:
- Follow-up Process of the Official Degrees both internally by the ULE, and externally according to the criteria established by the Agency for the Quality of the University System of Castilla y León (ACSUCYL)
- Decision making of the institution.