Bachelor of Agricommerce Massey Business School
From running large farm-based agribusinesses right through to international food trade, you will gain the skills and sound business knowledge to help progress the future of New Zealand’s primary production sector.
During your degree, you will gain more than 300 hours of paid work experience. That will give you an advantage with potential employers.
Join industry at a senior level
New Zealand’s economy is dominated by agriculture and food - it generates close to $37 billion in export earnings a year and international demand is predicted to continue to grow. Join the large group of Massey students that have secured jobs before they graduate. They have gone on to become leaders in the industry.
Join a world-leading university
Massey is world-ranked and New Zealand’s No 1 university in agriculture according to the QS (Quacquarelli Symonds) rankings. We are also ranked in the top 150 universities worldwide for agriculture by the ShanghaiRanking's Global Ranking of Academic Subjects.
Our proud record dates back to 1927 when we offered New Zealand’s first degrees in agriculture and horticulture. We have the largest Young Farmer’s Club in New Zealand.
Our Massey Business School is also world-ranked - it is among the top two per cent of business schools globally and is AACSB accredited with internationally-acclaimed economics and finance specialists.
Relevant international knowledge
You will gain from the expertise of our world-leading lecturers and tutors. Our programmes in agribusiness combine our world-leading expertise in both business and agricultural-related areas. Massey graduates and staff are helping to define the future of our nation’s agriculture and food businesses.
Massey’s AgriCommerce programme aligns itself with agribusiness industries throughout the world - ensuring our graduates have the skills and industry knowledge employers need.
What will you learn?
This three-year world-class programme will:
- Teach you about farm production systems, supply chain management, marketing, food economies, and international agribusiness
- Give you a strong understanding of what it takes to be sustainable and competitive along the food value chain and in global food and fibre markets.
- Provide you with the knowledge and skills needed to deliver in future workplaces
- Give you a sound knowledge of land-based systems and agribusiness along with specialist knowledge in one area of agribusiness
- Teach you to apply and integrate scientific, technological and business knowledge to meet marketplace demands
- Ensure you will be a good analytical thinker able to synthesise information in the development of sound and innovative solutions.
- Give you an understanding of ethics, multi-cultural and international environments
- Help you develop into an effective communicator and a self-directed, independent learner
- Give you management skills applicable across the primary industries
You'll integrate new scientific, technological, and business knowledge to shape a brighter future for an area of enterprise that sustains us all.