Bachelor of Commerce Edith Cowan University
In an ever-changing world, a Commerce degree from ECU gives you the edge to succeed for jobs of the future.
Through work integrated learning, networking opportunities, as well as learning from academics with industry backgrounds, you’ll graduate with the skills you need to forge your career. ECU’s Bachelor of Commerce offers a range of majors and minors, as well as study options including on campus and online, so you can tailor your course to your field of interest all the while studying around your life.
There are a broad range of majors to choose from that are created in consultation with industry, with many being professionally accredited and recognised by relevant industry bodies. You can choose up to two majors, a major and a minor, or a major and a range of electives.
You will gain critical skills in areas of leadership, teamwork, critical thinking, communication and problem solving, helping you to succeed in a variety of complex, competitive and dynamic global business environments. The course is structured to provide students with great flexibility in tailoring the degree to suit their individual career aspirations.
Our students graduate not only job-ready but industry-ready, with practical work-based industry experience, networking opportunities and career portfolio development, equipping them with the skills to succeed in a range of business careers.
The course offers fourteen majors across a broad range of disciplines, all created in consultation with industry, with many being professionally accredited and recognised with the relevant industry bodies. Students can choose up to two majors, a major and a minor, or, a major and a range of electives providing great flexibility in the course and giving students the opportunity to tailor their degree to suit their career aspirations.
Students are equipped with the theory, practical experience and employability skills, including leadership, teamwork, critical thinking, and communication and problem-solving skills.
Graduate world-ready to succeed in a variety of complex, competitive and dynamic global business environments.
Majors you can study in this course
One or more of the majors in this course is externally recognised when studied within this course. Refer to the major for more information.
- Accounting and Finance
- Event Management
- Health Management
- International Hotel and Resort Management
- Human Resource Management
- International Business
- Law in Business
- Project Management
- Sport Business
- Tourism and Hospitality Management
Course Learning Outcomes
- Access, analyse and critically evaluate relevant information to solve challenging business problems systematically.
- Apply broad discipline knowledge to a range of business situations, incorporating international/global/cultural perspectives.
- Collaborate effectively in team settings to produce measurable outcomes.
- Communicate business knowledge, concepts and advice persuasively and clearly in both written and oral formats, using relevant technology.
- Generate creative ideas for business innovations that respond to opportunities and constant change.
- Reflect on feedback and critique one's own performance in order to identify and plan opportunities for development.
- Value professional behaviours and/or personal citizenship that reflect an appreciation of the interrelationship between business ethics and corporate social responsibility.
- Semester 1: Study full-time at Joondalup
- Semester 2: Study full-time at Joondalup