Bachelor in Physical Education
Central Methodist University
USD 23,000 / per year *
Earliest start date
* College of Liberal Arts & Sciences: Annual Tuition (12-18 hours per semester) $23,000
Do you believe education and physical activity are important? Turn your passion for wellness and your desire to teach into a career through C.M.U.’s Physical Education major. This program will pair health sciences and practical teaching skills to provide you with the professional experience needed for success. You will not only make a difference in the lives of those you educate but feel satisfaction and accomplishment while doing so.
About This Program
The Physical Education major prepares you to be a leader in education as you promote healthy, active lifestyles. Through classes that focus on physical and cognitive concepts, you will gain abilities schools look for through classroom and hands-on learning experiences.
As a C.M.U. Physical Education major, you will have opportunities to:
- take classes such as Teaching Team Sports, Nutrition and Athletic Performance, Methods and Techniques for Tests and Measurements in Physical Education, and Physiology of Exercise
- gain knowledge and proficiency in developing lesson plans, and physical education and health strategies
- take part in hands-on learning during projects, labs, athletic events, and off-campus practicum experiences
- build a skill set that prepares you for a successful career in physical education, as well as other areas of athletics, such as coaching and athletics administration
- receive the preparation needed to earn an advanced degree
- Bachelor of Science in Education - Physical Education
- Associate of Arts in Education - Physical Education - CLAS, CGES
Other C.M.U. Education Degrees
- Child Development
- Early Childhood Education
- Educational Studies
- Elementary Education
- Middle School Education
- Secondary Education
- Special Education
- Master of Education
Admission to C.M.U. is selective. Our admission staff carefully reviews and evaluates each application on an individual basis. Please review all requirements prior to applying for admission.
After being accepted to C.M.U., students wishing to pursue a degree in Education must meet the additional requirements for full acceptance into the program.
Whether you’re a College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS) student or a College of Graduate and Extended Studies (CGES) student, C.M.U. will challenge you, and provide opportunities to develop skills that will pay off in your professional journey.
We would love for you to join us and experience an education that gives you more. There are just a few requirements to keep in mind regarding the admission process.
College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
To receive admission to Central Methodist University, applicants are expected to have completed a college preparatory program with at least a 2.5 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale or 2250 GED score and have a 21 or above on the ACT or 1500 or above on the SAT examination. Applicants are advised to complete a college preparatory program which would include:
- Four years of English
- Three years of Math
- Three years of Science
- Three years of Social Studies
- One year of a foreign language
Students falling below the minimum standards may be admitted on a provisional basis and will be considered individually. This consideration will be conducted by the Director of Admission and the Academic Standards and Admission Committee. Students admitted under provisional admission must comply with all conditions and requirements specified in writing by Central Methodist University
Homeschooled students must submit a valid homeschool transcript, have a 2.5-grade point average and a 21 ACT or above or a 1500 or above on the SAT.
Transfer applicants must have a 2.0 or higher GPA for all previously attempted college coursework and be eligible to return to the last college attended. Those who do not meet these criteria must present a letter of appeal to the Academic Standards and Admission Committee which will determine whether the student will be admitted.
All transfer applicants must submit official transcripts of their high school records clearly indicating GPA and class rank. Transfer applicants must also submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. These transcripts are part of the student's permanent college record.
TUITION & FEES
College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
- Annual Tuition (12-18 hours per semester) $23,000
This program is offered at the following locations:
- Fayette, MO
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.