Cameron University is committed to providing its students with a top-quality education from caring and qualified faculty. Small class sizes provide an environment where learning and student success are the highest priority.
Cameron University’s history is rooted in Oklahoma’s statehood. In 1908, a year after Statehood, the Oklahoma Legislature created six agricultural high schools – one in each judicial district. The Cameron State School of Agriculture was named for the Rev. E. D. Cameron, a Baptist minister and Oklahoma’s first State Superintendent of Schools. The first classes were held on Statehood Day, Nov. 16, 1909, in the basement of a bank building in downtown Lawton while a new campus building was constructed west of town.