BSc (Hons) in Information Technology - Business Information Systems Specialization Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU)
APU-DMU dual degree program
Students who are under Bachelor’s Degree Program will have the option to opt-in for the APU-DMU Dual Degree Scheme. Under this Scheme, students will receive 2 Degree Certificates & Transcripts upon graduation: 1 from Asia Pacific University (APU), Malaysia, and 1 from De Montfort University (DMU), UK.
This program is specifically designed to provide students with:
- Familiarity with a broad range of Information Systems and how they are used.
- An understanding of frameworks and planning techniques for the strategic management of information systems in organizations.
- The ability to critically evaluate and recommend appropriate information systems to fulfill the organization’s needs.
Degree level 1
Students will learn fundamental skills required by every IT professional, and the basic understanding of the underlying computer system through Computer Architecture, operating systems, networking, and databases. Some specialized modules will provide the basic knowledge of web development and programming. The modules will also help them develop personal and organizational skills, as well as nurture creativity and innovation.
- Intercultural Awareness and Cultural Diversity
- Digital Thinking and Innovation
- Mathematical Concepts for Computing
- Operating Systems & Computer Architecture
- Python Programming
- System Analysis & Design
- Introduction to Databases
- Introduction to Networking
- Introduction To C Programming
- Introduction to Information System
Degree level 2
A broader range of skills will be learned, in which you will gain a better understanding of the broad range of information technologies, and the specialized skills to apply frameworks and planning techniques for the strategic management of information systems. You will gain a solid understanding of the support of business information systems in modern organizational operations. We will further nurture your creativity and innovation as well as independent learning to prepare you for the workplace.
- Programming for Data Analysis
- Object-Oriented Development with Java
- System Development Methods
- Creativity & Innovation
- Research Methods for Computing and Technology
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Web Applications
- Enterprise Systems
- Integrated Business Processes with SAP
- Probability & Statistical Modelling
- Management Information System
Internship (16 weeks)
Students will undertake an Internship/Industrial Training for a minimum period of 16 weeks to prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the working environment.
Degree level 3
Students will make use of their previous studies and industrial experience to extend their familiarity in the field of business information systems and to refine their personal and professional development. Students will move further into the development of business proposals that introduce the development, deployment, and business impact of information systems. A final year project requires them to investigate and develop a solution for a real-world problem – they will demonstrate their ability to combine technical knowledge, critical thinking, and analytical skills to produce a personal achievement portfolio.
- Innovation Management & New Product Development
- Project Management
- Internet of Things: Concepts & Applications
- Project In Information Systems
- Computer Systems Management
- Investigations in Information Systems
- Developing E-Commerce Applications with XML
- Information System Development Trends
- Building Customer Relationships
- Designing & Developing Applications on Cloud
MQA compulsory subjects*
- Ethnic Relations (M’sian Students)
- Islamic & Asian Civilisation (M’sian Students)
- Malaysian Studies (Int’l Students)
- Malay Communication Language (Int’l Students)
- Workplace Professional Communication Skills
- Employee & Employment Trends
(*All students are required to successfully complete these modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency.)
Note: The specialism will appear only in the academic transcript.
Program Tuition Fee
- IT Business Systems Developer
- IT Systems Analyst
- E-Commerce Consultant
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Management Information System (MIS) Manager
- Global Business Solution Specialist
- Global Business Solution Consultant
- IT Business Development Manager
- IT Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst
- IT Business Engagement Manager
- SAP Business Analyst
- Technical Business Analyst
- Business Systems Analyst
- System Analyst
- Business Intelligence Manager
- CRM Business Analyst