The education and early years landscape is rapidly evolving and requires successful and passionate leaders. Begin your journey with the innovative Honours Bachelor of Early Childhood Leadership program.
This four-year early childhood education degree program will prepare you with a solid foundation in child development, pedagogy, human relationships, curriculum development, and leadership skills. You will participate in applied learning, case studies, research and field placements in the community. All this culminates in one fourteen week-internship before your final year of studies, followed by your final year capstone research project. Your studies and experiences in the Bachelor of Early Childhood Education program will provide you not only with your Bachelor's in child development but also with the necessary skill set to graduate and move forward into various leadership roles.
Your journey may take you to further studies in the Bachelor of Education – Teacher College or a Master of Education. Or you may choose to work and lead as a Registered Early Childhood Educator or other supervisory/leadership positions within education and social service agencies. Whatever role of leadership you choose, the early childhood education degree program will help you make a difference in the lives of young children!
OSSD with courses from the University (U) or University/College (M) stream with:
- Grade 12 English (U)
(Note: minimum final grade required is 65)
- Mathematics ONE OF:
- Grade 12 Mathematics for College Technology* (C)
- Grade 12 Foundations for College Mathematics* (C)
- Grade 12 Advanced Functions (U)
- Grade 12 Calculus and Vectors (U)
- Grade 12 Mathematics of Data Management (U)
- Any Grade 12 Science (U) or (M)
- Plus four additional Grade 12 University (U) or University/College (M) courses; *applicants applying with Grade 12 Mathematics for College Technology (C) or Grade 12 Foundations for College Mathematics (C) must have five additional Grade 12 University (U) or University/College (M) courses
- A final minimum average of 65.0% based on the highest six Grade 12 University (U) or University/College (M) courses
Mature Applicant with standing in the required courses and grade stated above
Post-Secondary Standing** (if applicable)