Step up. Be a hero.
Public safety involves the prevention and reaction to any emergency that may threaten individual citizens. Occupations in this field include police officers, firefighters, EMS personnel and management positions in medical and health services and emergency response. The field of public safety encompasses implementation of tactics that serve as life safety, property preservation, and incident stabilization. Public safety professionals must have an understanding of the current laws, the climate of the community and understanding the objectives that need to be carried out to best serve organizational goals.
Looking for a challenging career with variety?
Explore the wide variety of challenging employment opportunities that relate to Public Safety Administration:
- Correctional Officer
- EMT or Paramedic
- Police Officer or Detective
- Private Detective or Investigator
- Probation Officer or Correctional Treatment Specialist
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)
- Marshal’s Service
- Secret Service
- Customs and Border Inspection
- Postal Inspection Service
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF)
What will I learn to do?
The foundational courses in the program will educate students in all areas of public safety and prepare them to enter the workplace as a strategic thinking first responder. Students will gain knowledge in aspects of public safety to include community relations, government laws, and responding to emergencies while considering the needs of the community. The degree requirements will allow students to understand organizational needs, enforce government laws, to interact effectively with citizens, and establish a professional work atmosphere.
Benefits of the BS in Public Safety Administration
- Obtaining a bachelor degree in Public Safety Administration allows the first responder to one day work in an administrative, management or leadership position.
- A bachelor’s degree is a must if one wants to progress into a management position within public safety.
- Students will experience all areas in the field to become strategic thinkers while implementing the values of the organization.
- Today’s public safety professionals must continue to learn and develop professionally, by keeping up to date with the changing landscape of public safety and enhancing their skill set, leading to the need to complete a bachelor’s degree.
- A Bachelor’s degree can be a stepping stone to graduate school unlocking more promising job opportunities in public safety.
Advantages of Concordia-Chicago’s online accelerated degree program
Our advisors create a specialized program plan to accommodate the needs of each individual student, allowing you to earn your degree in as little as 16 months, depending on the number of transfer credits accepted at the time of your admission:
- Flexible scheduling
- Accelerated courses
- Major courses are 5 weeks long
- 100% online (no set time to be online)
- Access to learning from anywhere in the world
Our delivery modes are designed to fit the needs of busy individuals and foster valuable relationships and support networks that can add value throughout your career.
Education made affordable
Concordia University Chicago is one of the most affordable private universities in the Midwest. Our Office of Financial Aid will work with you to seek financial aid and schedule manageable tuition payments.
Our tuition guarantee
Concordia-Chicago’s tuition guarantee program helps keep tuition affordable by allowing you to predict what the total cost of your education will be. As long as there are no interruptions in your course of study, we guarantee your tuition will remain the same and never increase while earning this degree.
*Please note, Concordia University Chicago does not offer full or partial scholarships or tuition to any interested student or applicant.
Program taught in: