Maximize the potential of human capital in the workplace.
Concordia-Chicago’s Bachelor of Science degree in human resource (HR) management provides students with a fundamental understanding of the workplace, human capital and how to provide value to any organization. Human resource professionals contribute to the successful operation of an enterprise by motivating employees, enforcing government regulations, handling labor negotiations, establishing competitive employee benefits, and developing training programs for maintaining a successful workplace with optimal productivity. Equipped with a basic understanding of the fluctuating landscape of corporate culture, graduates of Concordia-Chicago’s bachelor’s degree program in human resource management may proceed immediately to employment in small businesses, non-profit organizations, private corporations, and global enterprises.
Looking for a challenging career with variety?
Explore the wide variety of challenging employment opportunities that relate to Human Resource Management:
- Human resource (HR) manager
- HR generalist
- Employment and recruitment specialist
- HR Coordinator
- Human Resource Labor Relations Representative
- HR Budget, Planning and Communication Liaison
- HR Specialist
- HR Assistant
What will I learn to do?
- Contrasted to general business degrees, the bachelor’s degree program in human resource management allows undergraduate students to focus on coursework designed specifically to cultivate the essential skills needed to effectively manage a business’s human capital
- Foundational courses in the human resource management program provide a broad and thorough overview of the component areas of the field, including workforce planning, total rewards, employment law and standards, talent acquisition, retention, and separation
- Students graduate prepared to enter the workplace as strategic business partners to the organizations they serve
Benefits of the BS in Human Resource Management
The fast-changing field human resource management demands well-educated, highly trained professionals with the agility to continuously learn and enhance their knowledge base and skill set. Specialized certification in the HR industry is valued and desired by employers. Possessing a bachelor’s degree in HR from an accredited institution builds credibility by demonstrating to an organization the prospective employee’s commitment to the industry and his/her ability to stay abreast of trends. Further, a bachelor’s degree may also be a stepping stone to graduate school, unlocking even more promising job prospects.
Advantages of Concordia-Chicago’s online accelerated degree program
Our advisors create a specialized program plan to accommodate the needs of each individual student, allowing you to earn your degree in as little as 16 months, depending on the number of transfer credits accepted at the time of your admission:
- Flexible scheduling
- Accelerated courses
- Major courses are 5 weeks long
- 100% online (no set time to be online)
- Access to learning from anywhere in the world
Our delivery modes are designed to fit the needs of busy individuals and foster valuable relationships and support networks that can add value throughout your career.
Education made affordable
Concordia University Chicago is one of the most affordable private universities in the Midwest. Our Office of Financial Aid will work with you to seek financial aid and schedule manageable tuition payments.
Our tuition guarantee
Concordia-Chicago’s tuition guarantee program helps keep tuition affordable by allowing you to predict what the total cost of your education will be. As long as there are no interruptions in your course of study, we guarantee your tuition will remain the same and never increase while earning this degree.
*Please note, Concordia University Chicago does not offer full or partial scholarships or tuition to any interested student or applicant.
Program taught in: