GOALS OF THE PROGRAM:
- Design, manufacture and optimize the equipment.
- Check the conformity of equipment with standards and plans.
- Identify and analyze operational problems.
- Design and implement preventive maintenance programs.
I will learn to:
- Check the compliance of facilities and equipment standards and plans.
- Identify and analyze the equipment malfunctions.
- Participate in the design, manufacture and optimization of the equipment.
- Design and implement preventive maintenance programs forecast.
- Coordination and control of maintenance activities.
- Provide technical assistance in business and solve various problems of maintenance and equipment performance.
- Working with hydraulics, pneumatics, lubrication, automation, machining, welding, drawing, electricity, electronics and computers.
- High school diploma (DES)
- Technical and Scientific Mathematics or Science or Mathematics Secondary 4 Cultural, Social and Technical Secondary 5
- Secondary 5 Physics
- Mathematics 526
- Physics 534
Industrial Maintenance Technology is designed by the program to train technicians and engineers able to exercise their job function in all industrial sectors companies: paper, metal mining, primary processing and metal fabrication, food, wood , petrochemicals, transport equipment as well as companies offering outsourcing of maintenance services. In fact, it is possible to find technicians and industrial maintenance engineers in all industries as well as in construction.
The tasks of technicians and industrial service technicians primarily:
- to verify the compliance of facilities and equipment standards and plans;
- identify and analyze equipment malfunctions;
- to participate in the design, manufacture and optimization of the equipment;
- to design and implement forecast preventive maintenance programs;
- to coordinate and control of maintenance activities;
- to provide technical assistance in business;
- to solve various problems of maintenance and equipment performance.
The CEGEP (College of General and Vocational Education) is the first level of higher education in Quebec, the second being university. CEGEPs provide two types of programs: graduate technical programs, which are primarily designed based on the labor market, although they also provide access to university and pre-university programs that prepare students for university. Both programs lead to a college degree (DEC).
All students seeking admission to a member institution of SRACQ must apply for admission before the deadlines for admission for the academic year beginning at the end of August for the session of and fall in mid-January for the winter session.