The Computer Science (Systems Engineering) program aims to combine key aspects of computer science and system engineering fields. This programme is for students seeking to become proficient in the computer science and systems engineering fields whilst focusing on a wide range of development skills and business-oriented intelligent integrated solutions.
You will learn high-level programming languages; program design; system development; software design methodologies; database design and management; web technologies.
You will also gain knowledge and hands-on experience in multisensory signal processing and fusion techniques and the design of programmable systems used for both specialist and general purpose computing.
Teaching and learning will occur through a mixture of lectures, laboratory work, group seminars, individual tutorials and project supervision. There is an emphasis throughout the programme on applying knowledge, theories and principles to practical problems, and to real-world case studies and scenarios.
- Computing Systems Architecture & Operating Systems
- Programming for Data Communication & Problem Solving
- Information in organisations
- Fundamentals of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Engineering Software Development
- Web Applications and Databases
- Research Methodology and Professional Project Development
- Systems Engineering for Robotics
- Information Systems Analysis and Design
- Computing Science Project
Optional Modules; Three modules must be chosen from the following:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Data Warehousing & Business Intelligence
- Novel Interactive Technologies
- Human Factors in Design
- Social Professional and Ethical Issues in IT
*Please note that all modules may not run every year, this is dependent on student numbers
Our BSc Computer Science degree prepares you for a wide range of IT-based careers. Career prospects and the range of potential employers will be vast across the private, public and not-for-profit sectors.